This page documents my current and past educational activities.
Current Teaching (Spring 2017)
Upcoming Teaching (Fall 2017)
- CS 533 Introduction to Data Science (new course I am developing)
This is the third generation of our MOOC. We used the first iteration as a vehicle for research on the effectiveness of large-scale online courses for teaching topics such as this.
- CS 533 Introduction to Data Science (in development)
- CS 597 Recommender Systems (special topics class, adapted from the MOOC and the class I taught at Texas State)
- First pass at rebuilding CS 410/510 (Databases) at Boise State, with Francesca Spezzano
- Coursera course
- Rebuilt CS 3320 (Internet Software Development) at Texas State
- CS 4397Q (Introduction to Recommender Systems) / 5369Q (Recommender Systems) at Texas State, derived from the MOOC
- Fall 2016
- CS 410 / 510 (Databases)
Texas State University
- Spring 2016
- CS 4379Q (Introduction to Recommender Systems) / CS 5369Q (Recommender Systems) (syllabus, research project)
- CS 3320 (Internet Software Development) (syllabus)
- Fall 2015
- CS 4332 (Introduction to Database Systems)
- Spring 2015
- CS 4350 (Unix Systems Programming)
- CS 4379Q (Introduction to Recommender Systems) / CS 5369Q (Recommender Systems)
- Fall 2014
- CS 4332 (Introduction to Databases)
University of Minnesota
I taught or TA'd several classes at the University of Minnesota while completing my Ph.D:
- Fall 2013
- Introduction to Recommender Systems on Coursera and UMN CSCI 5980-1, co-taught with Joseph A. Konstan.
- Summer 2012
- instructor, CSCI 1902 (Structure of Computer Programming II).
- Spring 2011
- teaching assistant, CSCI 5125 (Collaborative and Social Computing).
- Fall 2007–Summer 2018
- teaching assistant, CSCI 1902