This page documents my current and past teaching activities.
In addition to the traditional courses I teach at Boise State University, our Introduction to Recommender Systems specialization on Coursera is always open.
Current Teaching (Fall 2016)
Past Teaching (Texas State University)
- Spring 2016: CS 4379Q (Introduction to Recommender Systems) / CS 5369Q (Recommender Systems) (syllabus, research project)
- Spring 2016: CS 3320 (Internet Software Development) (syllabus)
- Fall 2015: CS 4332 (Introduction to Database Systems)
- Spring 2015: CS 4350 (Unix Systems Programming)
- Spring 2015: CS 4379Q (Introduction to Recommender Systems) / CS 5369Q (Recommender Systems)
- Fall 2014: CS 4332 (Introduction to Databases)
Teaching at UMN
I taught or TA'd several classes at the University of Minnesota while completing my Ph.D:
- Fall 2013: Introduction to Recommender Systems on Coursera and UMN CSCI 5980-1, co-taught with Joseph A. Konstan.
- Summer 2012: instructor, CSCI 1902 (Structure of Computer Programming II).
- Spring 2011: teaching assistant, CSCI 5125 (Collaborative and Social Computing).
- Fall 2007–Summer 2008: teaching assistant, CSCI 1902